Westfield is backing artist Laura Nevill's campaign, entitled #LetsDoLondonBetter, which aims to raise profiles for local artists and generate support across the UK for creative communities to flourish and to support the arts industry this summer. Across the centre, you'll see a host of artworks from over 30 emerging artists selected by Laura, displayed across digital advertising screens, in physical stores & physical exhibition spaces and on our social channels.
To read more about these artist and where to shop their works, click the button below.
Regeneration and the creation of local jobs are the focal points of Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield’s community efforts having delivered major retail regeneration projects in its two London centres in Shepherd's Bush and Stratford (the first piece of the London 2012 legacy). Having invested £4bn since entering the UK, these projects have created 32,000 new jobs in London and thousands of construction jobs. A further £2bn+ will be invested and 12,000 more jobs created as we continue to develop in the UK.
Our destinations continue to be catalysts for the development of London’s Opportunity Areas, with Westfield London and Westfield Stratford City making the areas around White City and the Olympic legacy site more attractive places to visit, work, live and enjoy. In the West, Westfield London is seen as a catalyst for the development and regeneration of the wider White City Opportunity Area, including Shepherd's Bush town centre, and the cornerstone for future investment which is anticipated to be in excess of £1 billion. In the East, Westfield Stratford City was the first piece of the Olympic legacy and will continue to play an important regeneration role as the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park continues to be transformed and further residential and office investments.
Westfield London has helped to create 20,000 jobs since it opened in 2008, both as a direct employer and by attracting world-class retailers.
Work Zone, based on site at Westfield London in the Shepherd's Bush Library, is a one stop destination for your jobs, apprenticeships, and training needs. Westfield London works in partnership with Work Zone and Hammersmith & Fulham Council to provide a free recruitment service that helps local people into work.
If you are looking for work, Work Zone can provide:
• A range of opportunities in retail, customer service, administration, construction, hospitality and much more
• Exclusive access to the latest available jobs in Westfield London (W12)
• One-to-one information, advice and guidance towards finding work
• Access to the right employment and skills training to prepare you for employment
For more information visit the website: https://workzoneonline.co.uk/
Westfield is committed to continuously improving the environmental performance of its shopping centres and minimising their environmental impact. Below are some of the highlights of our environmental programme at Westfield London:
- Zero waste to landfill – the large majority is recycled and anything that can’t be recycled goes to energy recovery. This includes all of the waste from our retailers
- Low energy lighting and other innovative technologies to reduce energy use and carbon emissions
- Rainwater harvesting - we collect rainwater in tanks on the roofs and use this for flushing the customer toilets
- Waterless urinals – our customer urinals use a waterless system to save water
- Onsite brown roof with wildflowers and bird and bat boxes, pocket parks and living wall to encourage biodiversity
- ISO14001 accreditation – awarded in 2013 in recognition of our effective environmental management system and commitment to continuous improvement.
Our Westfield Stratford City and Westfield London centres achieved BREEAM Excellent and Very Good rating in recognition of our efforts to improve, innovate and make effective use of resources. We have been certified to ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems since 2013, as we continuously manage the immediate and long term environmental impacts of Westfield’s products, services and processes. In 2016, Westfield received the Carbon Trust Triple Award in recognition of our work on Climate Change. We successfully reduced our carbon emission year on year.
Our UK and European Developments will operate to BREEAM Standards. We employ an integrated approach to design, construction, management and evaluation of environmental, social and economic impacts across the full life cycle of our developments.