From Monday 12 April, in line with the Government’s guidelines, we are pleased to welcome you back to Westfield Stratford City.
Ensuring the health and safety of all visitors, retailers and employees within our centres is our main priority. Covid-19 safety measures continue to be in place to keep everyone safe, including one-way systems to encourage social distancing, heightened hygiene protocols, cashless parking and mandatory mask wearing.
For a handy visual guide on the measures you'll see in place on your next visit, please click here.
A comprehensive list of all safety measures in place can be found below:
- Face coverings are mandatory whilst visiting Westfield Stratford City. Customers exempt under government guidelines will still be permitted within the centre. Retail staff are also expected to wear masks or face coverings. Please note, individual stores are responsible for the implementation of safety measures, including the requirement of face coverings.
Face coverings can be purchased from PPE vending machines available at the following locations:
Ground Floor – Outside, opposite Stratford International Station
Lower Ground Floor – Guest Services lobby
Lower Ground Floor – Behind Fast Food Court/ Car Park B
Lower Ground Floor – M&S / Car Park B, level P1
Lower Ground Floor – Car Park A, level P1
North Service Yard
Sign posted one way entry and exit systems will be in place to control footfall and reduce cross path movements. Stratford Place doors will be exit only, whilst Four Dials and Chestnut Plaza doors will be used to control entrance into the Centre. All other doors will be exit and entry with clearly marked signage
- Cashless parking will be put in place along with an increased number of bike racks. These additional 300 cycle racks are located at P1 of Car Park A, Cherry Lane and along the Street from Aspers towards Four Dials.
- Customers will be asked to ‘keep to the left’ throughout the centre to reduce cross path movements and maintain 2m social distancing.
- Hand sanitiser dispensers will be located at every entrance, lift lobby and car park. These are touchless for your safety.
- Increased deep cleaning of all public spaces and touch points throughout the day.
- Reduced entry to toilet blocks to ensure social distancing.
- Reduced entry to lifts to ensure social distancing, customers are encouraged to use escalators where possible.
- Mall seating areas have been removed, areas for disabled guests and those in need of support will still be available.
- Queuing measures may be put in place to manage the number of customers inside the store at any one time, customers will be asked to visit later if there are long queues outside the store.
- Customers are encouraged to use card payments where possible, individual stores may not accept cash payments at this time.
- Regular public broadcast announcements throughout the centre to promote all safety guidelines.
- Guest Services are open as normal with the following exceptions:
- The Guest Services desk by Costa remains closed
- Hands-free shopping is unavailable at this time
- For the safety of our volunteers who manage this space, the Multi Faith Prayer Room will be closed until further notice.
- Many of our food courts & restaurants are open for takeaway and/or delivery. Outdoor dining will be available at many restaurants from Monday 12 April. Please click here for a list of those currently providing these services.
- Dining inside the centre is not permitted and Centre Management staff will request customers not to consume food whilst inside. Please use the external dining space at Chestnut Plaza. This area is subject to NHS Track & trace and you will be asked by our Guest Services team to download the NHS app and scan the QR code before using the seating available.
- Some areas of the centre may be closed or unavailable due to crowd control measures, implemented for your safety.
- To ensure the safety of customers and staff we may need to restrict entry to the mall at busier times.
For more info on coronavirus and support available in Newham, visit https://www.newham.gov.uk/coronavirus-covid-19