About Westfield Gift Cards
What are Westfield Gift Cards?
Westfield Gift Cards are a flexible gift alternative that allow the recipient to spend the value of the card at the retailers in either Westfield London or Westfield Stratford City.
The Westfield Gift Card is valid at any retailer that accepts Maestro. Retailers simply process the card in exactly the same way as any other credit or debit card (no chip & pin – signature required). Detailed instructions and training have been provided to our retailers.
You can buy Westfield Gift Cards online or from our Guest Services team in-centre.
Can I use the Westfield Gift Card in any Westfield centre?
You can use the Westfield Gift Card via participating retailers within the specific shopping centre whose name appears on the gift card. That means you can only use a Westfield London Gift Card at Westfield London - even if the retailer has outlets in both centres.
How do Westfield Gift Cards work?
Westfield Gift Cards are prepaid MasterCard Maestro cards. They work in exactly the same way as a bank debit card. The purchaser of the card may choose any amount to load onto the card from £5 up to £1000.
- If the card is purchased in-centre it will be active from the point of issue.
- If the card is purchased online with Click & Collect, the card will be active from point of collection in-centre with the provided collection code and PIN. Please note, Click & Collect orders are limited to a maximum load of £200.
- If the card is purchased online for delivery, the card will be delivered loaded but inactive for security reasons. A 6-digit activation code will be sent via text to the provided number when the card has been shipped. Once you have this code you can activate the card by any one of the following options:
- Visit the Westfield Gift Card website and activate your card online.
- Telephone 028 4378 0220 and speak to a member of the EML team who will help activate your card for you.
- Visit our Guest Services team at any of their desks in-centre where we will activate it for you.
The gift card may then be used at as many different retailers as desired until the value of the card has been exhausted.
Westfield Gift Cards expire 12 months from their date of issue, and may not be topped up with additional funds.
Who can use gift cards?
Westfield Gift Cards may be used by anybody regardless of age or status. Westfield Gift Cards are typically used as a gift and therefore the cardholder will not necessarily be the purchaser.
The cardholder (not the purchaser) should register their card online to be able to block or replace the card in the event of the card being lost or stolen. To register your card first check the long card number on the back and follow the corresponding guide below:
- If your card’s number starts with “1000” - register your card online. Register for an account and add your card.
- If your card’s number starts with “5424” - register your card online. Follow the check balance process, it will then give the option to register the card. Click the button and follow the on-screen instructions.
Where are Westfield Gift Cards available and what is required for different load values?
You can buy Westfield Gift Cards online, or from our Guest Services team in-centre. You may be asked to provide identification when buying cards online. When purchasing cards in-centre, you will need to provide identification for all orders over £500. This allows EML and Westfield to demonstrate that we know whom we are doing business with under the Know Your Customer (KYC) guidelines.
The following is a guideline of the types of proof of identity acceptable to buy Flex-e-vouchers:
- Photographic Driving License
- Photographic Government Issued ID
Westfield Gift Cards purchased online are capped at £1000. Click & Collect gift card purchases are capped at £200.
How are Westfield Gift Cards presented?
Westfield Gift Cards are presented inside a decorative gift wallet. The packaging also contains a receipt confirming the value of the card, expiry date of the card and a web address for terms and conditions.
The collection information email for Click & Collect orders is also available in a variety of decorative and festive designs.
Do any charges apply?
Expired cards can be renewed up to 90 days after the expiry date for a fee of £9.95, and will give you a further 90 days to use the card.
Lost or stolen cards can also be replaced for a fee of £5.95.
Westfield Gift Cards use the banking network and are a collaboration between Mastercard, EML and Westfield. The charges help to cover the costs involved in running the scheme.
Who can I contact if I need help or have questions?
Balance enquiries and general advice are available from Westfield Guest Services desks. EML Customer Services also provide balance enquiries, statement of recent transactions, confirmation of expiry date, and a lost and stolen service along with general support and assistance. You can call them on 028 4378 0220.
Make sure you have your card number to hand when you contact either of the customer service teams. EML Customer Services are also available to answer any questions that Westfield staff or retailers may have at any time.
Purchasing Westfield Gift Cards
Can I pay over the phone?
No, payment can only be taken in the centre or online.
Do you accept cheques and/or American Express?
We accept American Express. We do not accept payment by cheque.
Can I pay online with a foreign credit/debit card and get the gift card delivered?
No, we do not accept foreign credit/debit cards for online payment.
If I change my mind can I get my money back?
Yes, you can get a full refund within 14 days from the date of issue if the card has not been used. You must present the sales receipt, and have the original payment card/ID.
What delivery options are available for online purchases?
We offer a variety of delivery options:
- First Class Postage (£2.99) - Royal Mail aim to deliver the next day. There is no compensation and no proof of delivery will be sought by Royal Mail.
- Recorded Delivery (£3.99) - Royal Mail aim to deliver the next day. There is no compensation, but a signature will be requested by Royal Mail as proof of delivery.
- Special Delivery (£8.49) - Royal Mail aim to deliver by 1pm the next day. There is compensation of up to £500 and the package will be tracked and a signature requested by Royal Mail as proof of delivery.
- Overnight courier service (£19.99) -Ideal for bulk or business shipping. The package will be delivered next day. There is no compensation, but the package is tracked and a signature will be requested by the courier service.
I want physical gift cards to arrive before Christmas. What is the last date I can buy gift cards online?
Royal Mail publish their last recommended order dates pre-Christmas on their website. If you miss these deadlines, you can buy gift cards in-centre, or order online for Click & Collect until our centres close on Christmas Eve.
For online purchases, can the gift card be sent direct to the person I am buying it for?
Yes, but only for orders under £200. Otherwise the cards must be delivered to the purchaser's billing address.
What happens if I need a refund on an item and I no longer have the original gift card?
Please refer to the retailer's refund policy.
Can I order bulk gift cards for a business?
Yes, we support large business orders and are able to take payment by BACS transfer, as well as the usual payment methods.
Using your Westfield Gift Card
How can I check a gift card’s balance?
You can check your balance by scanning the card’s QR code with a smartphone camera, by speaking to staff at our Guest Services desks, or by calling EML on 028 4378 0220.
What do I do if I lose a gift card?
If cards are lost or stolen, please call EML customer service on 028 4378 0220. Cards can usually be replaced using the long card number and/or your personal details attached to the card. We recommend always registering new cards and taking note of your card details. Please note replacing a lost card will incur an issuing fee of £5.95.
What do I do if it gets damaged?
Damaged gift cards should be reported to EML by contacting 028 4378 0220.
Can I use more than one card in one transaction?
Gift cards can be used to part-pay for purchases. We recommend that if your purchase value is higher than your gift card balance, present your cash or debit/credit card first. This is subject to retailers' payment policy.
Can multiple cards be merged together?
Yes, Westfield Gift Cards can be merged for a fee of £1.00, at any of our Guest Services desks.
Can the card be topped up?
No, Westfield Gift Cards may only be loaded once and may not be topped up with additional funds.