OCEAN EXPLORERS TRAIL PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
DATED 20th August 2022
The Promoter of this Ocean Explorers Trail Promotion (the “Promotion”) is: Westfield Europe Limited of Montfichet Rd, London E20 1EJ (“Westfield”).
- The Promotion is open to all UK residents, irrespective of their age, except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the Promotion or any corporate customers.
- The Promotion is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- Only one entry per person is permitted and prizes are limited to one per person. Any entrant found to use multiple devices or multiple trail sheets to enter will not be eligible for a prize.
- One device can be used up to 5 times to enter the Promotion (i.e. to complete a trail as described at term 5 below). This means that up to 5 people may use the same device to participate in the Promotion but each person must have a different entry.
- To enter this Promotion, participants must:
- Scan a QR code on the Ocean Explorers trail sheet where they will be directed to a webpage;
- Complete a single trail at Westfield Stratford City as shown on the webpage, which will involve participants (i) making their way to each participating retailer (as listed in term 6 below), (ii) scanning a QR code decal on the front of those participating retailer stores and (iii) playing the game on their device to unlock clues to find the password letters; and
- On completion of the steps at 5.2 above, scan another QR code on a sign displayed at the designated Ocean Explorers Event space and enter (as directed) on the webpage provided the password letters obtained during the trail.
- Participating retailers are: John Lewis & Partners; Kiehl's; Adidas; LUSH; All Star Lanes and Virgin Water Station (not a retailer).
Ocean Explorers Trail Promotion details
- The opening date for entries is 12:01AM BST on 20 August 2022. The closing date of the Promotion is 23:59 PM BST on 29 August 2022. Entries received after this time will not be accepted.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
- The winners will be chosen instantly by random draw performed by a computer when participants enter the correct password letters on the webpage (as set out at step 5.3 above). Participants will be notified immediately if they have won a prize.
- There are 96 prizes to be won. Each winner will receive one prize only. The prizes will be issued at Westfield’s discretion, and could be one of the following:
- 32 x “Curious Questions & Answers About Our Oceans” books; or
- 64 x dolphin keyrings.
- The winners must claim their prize by presenting the webpage which confirms they have won a prize and following the instructions provided. Prizes must be collected on the same day. Prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- Prizes are supplied by the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond its control makes it necessary to do so.
- The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the Promotion is final and binding and the Promoter will not engage in any discussions or correspondence regarding its decision(s).
- Further, when participants visit the participating retailers’ stores (identified at term 6 above), they may be invited to participate in additional activities, for which the participating retailers may offer prizes. Any such activities and prizes will be subject to the individual retailer’s terms and conditions.
Important legal terms
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon taking the first step to enter the Promotion (see term 5.1 above). The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw, amend and/or substitute the Promotion at any time without prior notice and/or to refuse in its absolute discretion any entrant from taking advantage of the Promotion.
- The Promoter, its agents and commercial partners exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law any liability for (a) any loss or damage arising from or in connection with this Promotion or with the acceptance or possession of any items (other than those warranties or conditions implied by statute and which cannot be excluded); (b) the accuracy or otherwise of any description or illustration of the Promotion; (c) any loss, damage, non-availability or late receipt of the Promotion; and (d) any fees, charges, taxes or other costs which the entrants may be required to pay in connection with the Promotion. The Promoter further disclaims liability for any injury or damage suffered by the entrant or any other person relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Promotion. The Promoter will not be liable for failure or delay in delivery or performance of its obligations under these terms and conditions in the event of any unforeseen cause beyond its control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure. The Promoter is not responsible for any third party acts or omissions for issues of any nature encountered by entrants associated with this Promotion.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for delivery of the Promotion or any prize under this Promotion to entrants.
- No personal data will be processed by the Promoter in connection with this Promotion.
- The Promotion will be governed by English law and entrants to the Promotion submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.