From Tuesday 5 January Westfield Stratford City is substantially closed, except for essential retail and services to our community.
Our supermarkets, pharmacies and food outlets providing takeaway and delivery services will be open, as well as a number of retailers providing delivery and click-and-collect services.
We continue to run one-way systems, heightened hygiene methods and mandatory mask wearing across the centre to ensure a safe place for visitors and employees
For a handy visual guide on the measures you'll see in place on your next visit, please click here.
A comprehensive list of all safety measures in place can be found below:
- Face coverings are mandatory whilst visiting Westfield Stratford City. Customers exempt under government guidelines will still be permitted within the centre. Retail staff are also expected to wear masks or face coverings. Please note, individual stores are responsible for the implementation of safety measures, including the requirement of face coverings, and these may differ from the centre guidelines.
Face coverings can be purchased from PPE vending machines available at the following locations:
Ground Floor – Outside, opposite Stratford International Station
Lower Ground Floor – Guest Services lobby
Lower Ground Floor – Behind Fast Food Court/ Car Park B
Lower Ground Floor – M&S / Car Park B, level P1
Lower Ground Floor – Car Park A, level P1
North Service Yard
Sign posted one way entry and exit systems will be in place to control footfall and reduce cross path movements. Stratford Place doors will be exit only, whilst Four Dials and Chestnut Plaza doors will be used to control entrance into the Centre. All other doors will be exit and entry with clearly marked signage
- Cashless parking will be put in place along with an increased number of bike racks. These additional 300 cycle racks are located at P1 of Car Park A, Cherry Lane and along the Street from Aspers towards Four Dials.
- Customers will be asked to ‘keep to the left’ throughout the centre to reduce cross path movements and maintain 2m social distancing.
- Hand sanitiser dispensers will be located at every entrance, lift lobby and car park.
- Increased deep cleaning of all public spaces and touch points throughout the day.
- Reduced entry to toilet blocks to ensure social distancing.
- Reduced entry to lifts to ensure social distancing, customers are encouraged to use escalators where possible.
- Mall seating areas have been removed, areas for disabled guests and those in need of support will still be available.
- Queuing measures may be put in place to manage the number of customers inside the store at any one time, customers will be asked to visit later if there are long queues outside the store.
- Customers are encouraged to use card payments where possible, individual stores may not accept cash payments at this time.
- Regular public broadcast announcements throughout the centre to promote all safety guidelines.
- Guest Services is closed until further notice, we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
- Many of our food courts & restaurants are open for takeaway and/or delivery. Please click here for a list of those currently providing these services.
- To ensure the safety of customers and staff we may need to restrict entry to the mall at busier times.
For more info on coronavirus and support available in Newham, visit https://www.newham.gov.uk/coronavirus-covid-19